The Bavarian City of Leavenworth Washington is Gearing up for its
11th Annual Leavenworth Oktoberfest
This year’s Leavenworth Oktoberfest runs October 2nd & 3rd, 9th & 10th and 16th &17th. Once inside you”ll feel you’ve been transported to Munich Germany’s the sounds of oompah and the smells of sizzling bratwurst will lure you into dancing, singing and toasting.
Leavenworth Washington is located in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Today more than a million tourists come to Leavenworth each year for their Traditional Bavarian Village and Events.
The first Leavenworth Oktoberfest was held in October 1998; it consisted of one venue and was attended by about 400 people. The next year about 1700 people attended the festival, and a band was brought in from Germany.
The festival continued to grow each year and in 2003, a second weekend was added and two bands were brought in from Germany in addition to many performers from the US. By 2005 attendance had grown to 10,000 and the Leavenworth festival was ranked as one of the top Oktoberfest celebrations in the Country.
What started 11 years ago as a single weekend has now grown to 3 full weekends with 3 Venues of live entertainment that the entire family will enjoy.
- Oktoberfest hours are Fridays 5pm -1am and Saturdays Noon-1am.
- Non-stop live entertainment including two bands direct from Germany
- Saturdays Noon- Bavarian Parade followed by the Keg tapping ceremony at 1pm.
- Leavenworth Oktoberfest is great fun for the youngsters as well. Kinderplatz is an area dedicated for the kids to play until their hearts are content. You”ll find a rock climbing wall, bouncing toys, clowns and more.
- Minors are allowed inside the gates until 9pm.
- Arts and Crafts Vendors
- Authentic German Food and Beer
- The Leavenworth Oktoberfest is a non-profit organization operating under Projekt Bayern for more information on Project Bayern log on to www.projektbayern.com
- For more information on the Leavenworth Oktoberfest log on to www.leavenworthoktoberfest.com
- To request a Press Pass, please contact Amy Gustin listed above